Thank you for visiting the web site of the Tipton County Election Commission. Our office is responsible for the planning, conducting and administration of all municipal, county, state and federal elections held in Tipton County. We also maintain the voter registration records of Tipton County citizens.
Click here to look up your voter registration information for Tipton County
● 2014 ELECTION INFORMATION
● CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE SEPTEMBER 12, 2013 ELECTION RESULTS
● POLL WORKER APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE: The application is now available. Click here to download a form or fill out the interactive form.
● PHOTO ID LAW CHANGE 2013: In 2013 the law requires you to present a TENNESSEE State or Federal Government ID. Click here for details and exceptions. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID please visit the Department of Safety web site at www.tn.gov/safety/photoids.shtml.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions. Just click the link and it will direct you accordingly.
Who May Register to Vote? How, Where and When Can I Register?
What if My Address has Changed?
What are the Procedures for Requesting An Absentee Ballot?
What are the locations and hours of the Polling Location on Election Day?
Who can I Contact for More Information?
Who may register to vote?
Any citizen of the United States who is or will be eighteen(18) years of age or older before the date of the next election and who is a resident of the State of Tennessee and of Tipton County, unless disqualified under the law.
How and where may qualified voters register?
Qualified voters register to vote by obtaining and completing a voter registration form and filing the form with the Tipton County Election Commission Office. Persons may register in Tipton County in person and by mail.
- In person: Registration forms may be completed at the Tipton County Election Commission office, the Department of Safety, Department of Human Services, Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Department of Veteran’s Affairs, all branches of the public library, the County Clerk’s Office and the Register of Deed’s office.
- By Mail: Voter registration forms may be obtained from the Tipton County Election Commission office, the post office and a variety of other public offices. A voter registration form may also be retrieved off of the internet. You can download a form here Voter Registration
***TO BE REGISTERED IN TIPTON COUNTY THE FOLLOWING LISTINGS BELOW IN YELLOW MUST BE COMPLETED
When and where may a qualified voter register?
In order to participate in an election, a qualified voter must be properly registered no later than thirty (30) days before the election. The Tipton County Election Commission office will process any by-mail voter registration form that been postmarked at least thirty (30) days before the election.
Keeping your address updated is important to our office. Where you live determines where you vote. This affects who you may vote for, what type of ballot you receive and your polling location. If you have moved and have not updated your address, please do so as soon as possible. You must be sure that you are already a registered voter in Tipton County and your new address must be within Tipton County. If you qualify, you may download the change of address form and return it to our office. This form is to arrive no later than 30 days before any given election. You can download a form here Change of Address
Valid reasons for voting absentee by mail:
A registered voter may apply to vote absentee by mail if he/she has one of the following reasons:
- -Will be outside Tipton County on Election Day and all the days of early voting period.
- - Permanent Absentee voter (requires a Doctor’s certificate on file.)
- - Jury duty on a State or Federal Court.
- - 60 years of age or older.
- - A handicapped voter who’s polling place is inaccessible.
- - Hospitalized, ill or physically disabled voter.
- - Caretaker of a hospitalized, ill or physically disabled person.
- - Candidate for office.
- - Observance of a religious holiday.
- - Person possessing a valid commercial driver license (Must certify that he/she will be working outside the county or state during early voting period and on election day during all the hours the polls are open and has no specific out-of county or out-of-state location to which mail may be sent or received during such time and must have registered in person to vote or voted previously in person (2-2-115(b)(7)), and must provide his/her commercial driver license number on his/her current driver license and provide his/her current residential address and any mailing address to which ballot should be mailed.)
- - For MILITARY/OVERSEAS special ballot information click here.
The voter must request his/her ballot in writing over his/her signature. The request can be submitted as far as 90 days in advance of an election but not later than 7 days prior to an election. The request can be mailed or faxed to the Election Commission Office.
The request will be considered a valid application only if it contains all the following information:
- - The voter’s printed name and signature.
- - The voter’s Tipton County address.
- - The voter’s Social Security Number.
- - The address to mail the ballot to (if different from home address).
- - The election the voter is requesting a ballot for (this must include the party preference, Dem. Or Rep., if the election is a primary).
- - The valid reason the voter is requesting the absentee ballot.
- - If the request does not contain all of the above information, the voter will be sent an absentee ballot application on which he/she shall be asked to provide the needed information.
Mail Requests To:
Tipton County Election Commission
Covington, Tn. 38019
Fax requests to: (901) 476-0233
**There is special absentee voting information for overseas citizens
or members of the armed forces.**
Early Voting for Elections in Tipton County is held at the Tipton County Election Commission Office located at 113 East Church Street in Covington, Tennessee and at the Munford Municipal Board Rm at 70 College Street, Munford, Tennessee. Times are announced closer to the date.
- Theta Rone , Chairman
- Letitia Wilson, Secretary
- James Sneed , Commissioner
- Kay Bergen, Commissioner
- Maurine Cannon, Commissioner
Our jobs entail verifying petitions of prospective candidates, receiving and filing campaign financial disclosure documents, developing ballot layouts, holding early voting and absentee by mail voting for all elections, training poll workers, conducting election day voting and tabulating election results.
Tipton County Election Commission Office
P.O. Box 456
113 East Church St.
Covington, Tn. 38019