Trustee's Office Announces Changes in Procedure
P R E S S R E L E A S E
KRISTIE GLASS MAXWELL, TIPTON COUNTY TRUSTEE
Due to the recent TN Supreme Court directive regarding court proceedings because of potential spread of Covid-19, the Tipton County Trustee’s office will not be turning “2018” Delinquent County taxes over to the delinquent tax attorney & Chancery Court until May 5th at 5:00 pm. Additional interest will continue to accrue at the rate of 1.5% per month.
Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, the Tipton County Trustee’s office will adjust its procedures to minimize exposure to our staff and our taxpayers due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Public access to our office will be closed; however, our office will remain open Monday-Friday from 8:00- 5:00.
- Taxpayers are encouraged to mail in their tax payments to: Tipton County Trustee, P. O. Box 487, Covington, TN 38019. We will be happy to mail you a receipt, if requested.
- Taxpayers may pay their taxes online at: www.tennesseetrustee.org.
- Taxpayers may pay their taxes at the 24-hour, self-serve kiosk at Atoka City Hall.
- We are encouraging all citizens with tax information inquiries to call us at 901-476-0211. We can answer most inquiries over the phone, by email, or by fax.
- Taxpayers with cash/check payments in person will visit us in the Historic Courthouse, Room 203. Our office doors will be locked; however, please knock on the door and we will assist you. We ask that you follow our procedure in place and maintain social distance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate during these difficult times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (901)476-0211 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to continuing to serve you and help you any way we can.