Patrol Deputy Sheriff & Correctional Officer Openings
Pursuant to the requirements of the Tipton County Sheriff's Office Civil Service Manual, announcement is made that applications are now being accepted and competitive examinations will be given for the positions of both:
PATROL DEPUTY SHERIFF and CORRECTIONAL OFFICER
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or possess equivalence (college credits in criminal justice and/or prior law enforcement experience helpful),
- Possess a valid Tennessee driver license,
- No felony or serious misdemeanor criminal record,
- Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States,
- Successfully complete the required Civil Service written and oral examination, along with a background and security investigation, a drug screen, a physical agility test, and a polygraph examination, as required,
- Must be able to pass a physical examination by a physician licensed to practice in the State of Tennessee,
- Must be able to be certified by a Tennessee Licensed Health Care Provider qualified in the psychiatric or psychological field as being free from any disorder, as set forth in the current edition of the DSM that would, in the professional judgment of the examiner, impair the subject's ability to perform any essential function of the job,
- Must successfully complete an approved basic law enforcement training program as set forth in the requirements of the Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission or the basic training program set forth by the Tennessee Correction- al Institute
- Be available for various shifts of duty.
Applications may be obtained at the Tipton County Sheriff's Office, 1801 South College Street, Covington, TN 38019, Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM or by downloading a copy at https://www.tiptonco.com/document_center/TCSO_Employment_Application.pdf.
Application period for these positions will open Friday, June 4 at 8 AM and will close Friday, June 25, at 4 PM.